As you approach the New Year, it is a good time to reflect on 2019 and ask yourself some important questions. These questions will help you plan for the upcoming year, which will lay the groundwork for a successful 2020 and beyond. Why not create 20/20 vision for the year 2020?
If you make a good start to the New Year and develop a plan, you will most likely have a good finish next December. The very best companies have a plan—that is why they are the very best companies.
Here are some questions to help you prepare for an even better year in 2020. Take some time to think through them, and be honest with yourself. Without honesty, you won’t see results.
- What went well this year?
- List the things that you accomplished.
- Compare that list to the goals you set for 2019.
- How did you do? What can you do better?
- What didn’t go so well this year?
- What can you improve on moving forward?
- What strategies have you already tried for improving your business? Did they work well or not?
- What can you do differently for 2020?
- What do you want to accomplish in 2020?
- What is your vision for 2020, 2021, and 2022?
- Have you communicated your vision to your team? How about to an accountability partner?
- What are your goals for the next 90 days (January–March) to help you accomplish your one-year vision?
- What are your team member’s 90-day goals?
- Who will hold them accountable to achieving their goals?
- What do you think you need to do to double your business this year?
- How can you develop a relentless focus to succeed?
- Intentional focus is like water at 60,000 psi: it can cut through two inches of steel. That same water unfocused will just splash around and create rust. What can you do to be more focused?
- What are the habits you need to form to keep you focused?
- If you are not intentional about the habits you form, your habits, good or bad, will form you.
- How can you become more disciplined to accomplish your goals?
- Discipline is required to remain focused and stay hard at work every day. Successful people are disciplined people who continually strive to improve. How can you cultivate greater discipline?
- How can you inspire greater discipline within your team?
- How can you make 2020 the most extraordinary year ever?
These are just a few of the questions you can ask to prepare for a prosperous 2020. The coming year will turn out as you choose it. Doing things the same way you have always done them will not get you different results. In business, as in life, intention and effort matter. Without belief and without goals, you won’t put in the necessary effort or resources.
We can help you plan for the most successful year ever. Give us a call. We are experts in business and we are here to help you achieve dramatic success in 2020.