With Christmas and the New Year fast approaching, it’s time to think about what we can do to have a great 2015. Without a clear direction for our business, it is unlikely we will achieve the results we desire. The best way to have a great finish is to have a great start.
Recently I gave a talk on the importance of having a clear vision and setting goals for our business if we want to be successful in 2015. Without a clear vision of our desired future and written goals, chances are we will not reach that desired future.
In addition to a having a clear vision and specific goals, here are an additional six tips to help ensure your success in 2015.
1) De-Clutter: Take a look at your life and your business. It’s important to clear your office and business of useless clutter, but it’s also important to de-clutter your schedule. Are you focusing on unimportant tasks? Is that holding your business back? Figure out what tasks you need to focus upon and which you need to delegate to someone else. Focus on the 20% of activities that generate 80% of the results.
2) Implement Team Huddles: It’s crucial to take time to meet with your managers and employees throughout the week. Try having 15-minute team huddles once a week to discuss your goals challenges and accomplishments of the week. Having everyone on the same page will provide the whole team with clarity and empowerment.
3) Focus on Marketing and Selling: Even the very best technician can’t run a successful business without realizing that we are in the business marketing and selling. What are you doing to market your business? Consider what affordable marketing strategies you can implement over the next year.
4) Stop Worrying: They say you are what you think about, so if you’re worrying, you can’t be focusing on making your business the best it can be. Successful business leaders focus on what they want to happen, looking ahead toward their vision.
5) Become Less Important: If you can’t take a vacation from your business, you’re too important. You should own a business, not just a really demanding job! We can help you figure out what changes you need to make to free you from your business, including implementing stronger business systems.
6) Learn to Say No: To become a more effective entrepreneur or business owner, you must learn to say “no” to people and tasks. You shouldn’t be a chief everything officer or someone who wears every hat in the business. We should learn to work on our business not always in it.
If you need assistance in creating and articulating your vision for 2015, and developing goals to reach that vision, we can help you. Make the decision that 2015 will be your Best Year Ever, and make an investment in coaching and consulting to ensure your success.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.